New York City Criminal Trespassing Lawyer
Experienced Defense for Criminal Trespassing Charges in New York
At Gannes & Musico, LLP, we specialize in defending individuals facing criminal trespassing allegations in the city. With our experience and dedication, we are here to help you navigate the complex legal terrain surrounding these charges. Our New York City criminal trespassing attorneys understand your challenges and are ready to provide you with the aggressive and effective representation you deserve.
Call Gannes & Musico, LLP today at (877) 803-2603 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our criminal trespassing attorney in New York City.
What is Criminal Trespassing?
Criminal trespassing is a legal term that describes the act of unlawfully entering or remaining on someone else's property without their permission. In New York City, trespassing laws cover various scenarios, from unauthorized entry into private residences to unlawfully entering commercial establishments, government buildings, or even vacant properties. These offenses can be classified into three main categories:
- Criminal Trespass in the Third Degree: This is the least severe form of trespassing and typically involves entering or remaining in a building or on land without authorization. It is classified as a Class B misdemeanor in New York, which can result in a sentence of up to three months in jail.
- Criminal Trespass in the Second Degree: This charge is more serious and involves trespassing in a residential building with the intention to commit a crime. It is considered a Class A misdemeanor and can result in up to one year in jail.
- Criminal Trespass in the First Degree: This is the most serious trespassing charge and occurs when someone unlawfully enters a building with a deadly weapon or causes physical injury while trespassing. It is categorized as a Class D felony and can result in substantial prison time.
What are the Penalties for Criminal Trespassing in New York?
The penalties for criminal trespassing in New York can be severe, and they can have a lasting impact on your life. Apart from the potential jail time mentioned earlier, these charges can also result in fines, probation, community service, and a permanent criminal record. A criminal record can hamper your future opportunities, including employment, housing, and more.
Moreover, if you are facing trespassing charges in conjunction with other criminal activities such as burglary or vandalism, the consequences can escalate, leading to even more severe penalties. It is essential to have an experienced criminal trespassing attorney by your side to defend your rights and help you achieve the best possible outcome.
Defenses Against Criminal Trespassing Charges
Some common defenses against criminal trespassing charges may include the following:
- Lack of Intent: If you did not have the intention to commit a crime while on the property, this can be a powerful defense. We can argue that you had no criminal intent, which is crucial in many trespassing cases.
- Consent: If you had permission to be on the property or were invited by the owner, we can present evidence of this consent to counter the trespassing allegations.
- Mistaken Identity: Individuals are sometimes wrongly accused of trespassing. we can gather evidence to show that you were not the person who committed the alleged offense.
- Property Ownership Disputes: If there is an ongoing dispute over property ownership, it may be challenging to establish who has the right to access the property. We can use this to your advantage in court.
- Unlawful Search and Seizure: We can challenge the legality of the search and seizure, which may result in evidence being suppressed or the case being dismissed.
Contact Our Criminal Trespassing Attorney in New York City Today
Don't let trespassing charges disrupt your life and future opportunities. Our New York City criminal trespassing lawyer will work tirelessly to protect your rights, negotiate on your behalf, or, if necessary, provide a strong defense in court. We are here to advocate for you, guide you through the legal process, and strive for a favorable resolution to your case. Your future is too important to leave to chance, so contact Gannes & Musico, LLP today to get the skilled legal representation you need.
Contact Gannes & Musico, LLP today to get started with our New York City criminal trespassing lawyer.
Very personable in handling your case and an experienced Traffic Attorney!
“She is the greatest.”
NOT GUILTY . Saved 5 points of penalty on my license.
“NOT GUILTY . Saved 5 points of penalty on my license.”
Choosing Attorney Gannes was the best decision I could have made!
“Choosing Attorney Gannes was the best decision I could have made!”
Final verdict of not guilty!
“Final verdict of not guilty.”
Thank you so much for doing an outstanding job to get the ticket dismissed.
“Thank you so much for doing an outstanding job to get the ticket dismissed.”