Experienced NJ Traffic Ticket Attorneys
Fierce Representation for Traffic Violations in New Jersey
When it comes to traffic tickets, many New Jersey residents immediately think of minor offenses like speeding citations or running a red light. However, it’s crucial to understand that traffic violations aren’t limited to minor repercussions. In some instances, even routine traffic tickets can lead to undesirable consequences in court.
At Gannes & Musico, LLP, we understand that getting a traffic violation can be more than an inconvenience. For many New Jersey drivers, receiving a traffic ticket is a frustrating and overwhelming experience that can disrupt their daily routine, tarnish their driving record, and cause their insurance premiums to skyrocket. If you recently received a traffic citation in New Jersey, it’s imperative to know and exercise your rights to avoid unfair penalties in court, no matter how slight.
That’s why our reliable NJ traffic ticket lawyers are here to help. Our traffic ticket attorneys in New Jersey have over three decades of experience to fight your traffic ticket as effectively as possible in court. When you secure representation from our accomplished legal advocates, we’ll fight tirelessly to beat whatever ticket you’re facing, from traffic accidents to seatbelt violations.
For many drivers, traffic tickets are more than an inconvenience. Call (877) 803-2603 to schedule a free case evaluation with a skilled traffic violation attorney in NJ.
Traffic Laws & Violations in New Jersey
Although many of us envision minor offenses when it comes to traffic violations, it's important to understand that even seemingly small traffic tickets can yield undesirable consequences, including costly fines and jail time. Fortunately, our aggressive NJ traffic ticket lawyers have the specialized knowledge to safeguard your finances and protect your freedom.
Whether you weren't paying attention, were in a hurry to get somewhere, or simply made an honest mistake, very few people go through life without getting a traffic ticket (or more, for those with a lead foot) in New Jersey. That’s why it’s important to be aware of state traffic laws and regulations to avoid unintended legal penalties, like time-consuming court appearances and costly fines.
It's best to consult with an NJ traffic violation lawyer who can evaluate the unique circumstances of your case and guide your steps with wisdom and integrity. Our determined legal advocates at Gannes & Musico, LLP have successfully represented clients throughout NJ in a variety of traffic ticket cases, including (but not limited to):
- Speeding tickets
- Stop sign violations
- Carpool lane violations
- Red light violations
- Texting while driving
- Failure to yield
- Reckless driving
- Driving without a license
- Driving without insurance
- Seat belt violations
...and more. Call (877) 803-2603 today to learn how our firm can help you beat your traffic ticket.
New Jersey Speeding Laws
Under New Jersey state laws, maximum speeds are set for operators of motor vehicles on NJ roads, streets, highways, and freeways. Unless the sign specifies otherwise, the posted speed limits for New Jersey drivers include:
- Up to 25 MPH in school zones, businesses, and residential districts;
- Up to 35 MPH in low-density business and residential districts;
- Up to 50 MPH on all other roadways;
- Up to 55 MPH on certain state highways (as posted) and all interstates; and
- Up to 65 on certain state highways as posted.
Over 30 Years of Experience Defending NJ Clients
While there are various legal strategies to defend against traffic citations, it’s crucial to consult with a skilled traffic ticket attorney as soon as possible after receiving a traffic ticket. A trusted lawyer can use their in-depth legal knowledge of New Jersey traffic laws to help you understand the options available to you, guide you through the legal process, and determine the most effective defense to employ on your behalf.
When you partner with our experienced legal team, our NJ traffic ticket lawyers can help you beat your ticket by:
- Reviewing the evidence against you – Our firm can meticulously analyze the evidence presented against you, such as witness statements, police reports, photographs, or security cam footage, to identify any inconsistencies, procedural errors, or violations of your rights that may weaken the prosecution’s case.
- Proving inaccurate measurements or faulty equipment – In some cases, proving guilt in a traffic violation case relies on the accuracy of measurements or readings obtained from technological equipment, like radar guns and traffic cameras). Our lawyers can assess whether or not these devices were properly calibrated, maintained, and used by trained personnel. Any inconsistencies or inaccuracies in their operation can be raised as a defense to challenge the traffic violation against you.
- Challenge observations by law enforcement – While law enforcement officers are responsible for many important tasks, including observing and documenting traffic violations, they aren’t immune to human error. In some cases, distractions and misinterpretations can occur, leading to unjust consequences for some NJ drivers. Our attorneys can carefully assess the officer's recollection of events and challenge the accuracy of their claims when necessary.
- Identify any constitutional violations – Our lawyers can help ensure that your constitutional rights were respected during the traffic stop by evaluating probable cause, the potential for an unlawful search or seizure, and whether or not you were subject to any discriminatory behavior by law enforcement. If any constitutional violations are found, your attorney can argue for the suppression of evidence to drop or dismiss your ticket.
- Negotiate reduced penalties if needed – In more serious cases, a traffic ticket lawyer can negotiate with the prosecutor to reduce the charges against you. This could involve negotiating for a lower fine, reduced points on your driving record, or the possibility of attending traffic school to avoid a conviction. These negotiations can help mitigate the impact on your driving privileges, insurance rates, and overall record.
Defending Against Traffic Violations in NJ
With thousands of cases won, our diligent attorneys at Gannes & Musico, LLP have the extensive experience to provide customized legal solutions for each client’s unique circumstances. Some common defenses against traffic violations in New Jersey include:
- Lack of Proper Notice – One common defense is to challenge the validity of the traffic ticket based on a lack of proper notice. This can include errors or omissions on the ticket, such as incorrect date, time, or location of the alleged violation. Additionally, if you were not properly served with the ticket, it may be possible to argue that you were denied your right to due process.
- Challenging the Officer's Observations – In many cases, the issuing officer's observations are critical to the prosecution's case. By challenging the officer's credibility or ability to accurately perceive the events, you can cast doubt on the accuracy of their observations. Factors such as poor visibility, weather conditions, or obstructions can be used to question the officer's account.
- Procedural Errors – Traffic tickets must adhere to specific procedural requirements. If any of these requirements are not followed, it can provide a basis for challenging the ticket. Common procedural errors include incorrect information on the ticket, failure to provide necessary disclosures or warnings, or improper handling of evidence.
- Technological Error/Measurement Device Malfunction – Traffic tickets like speeding citations typically rely on the accuracy of radar guns or other speed measurement devices. Any evidence of malfunction or improper handling can weaken the prosecution's case.
Our NJ firm has over 30 years of experience in criminal defense law. When you choose to work with our team, you can rest assured that we’ll stop at nothing to obtain the favorable outcome you deserve in court.
Contact a Trusted Traffic Ticket Attorney in NJ
For more than three decades, our accomplished criminal defense firm at Gannes & Musico, LLP has defended the rights of deserving clients throughout New Jersey, New York, and beyond. From serious violations to minor citations, our firm can help defend your rights.
Fighting a traffic ticket in New Jersey? Contact us online to discuss your case with a knowledgeable traffic ticket lawyer in NJ.
NOT GUILTY . Saved 5 points of penalty on my license.
“NOT GUILTY . Saved 5 points of penalty on my license.”
Final verdict of not guilty!
“Final verdict of not guilty.”
Thank you so much for doing an outstanding job to get the ticket dismissed.
“Thank you so much for doing an outstanding job to get the ticket dismissed.”
Well worth every dollar spent!
“I hired this law firm to help me fight a few tickets. They took care of everything A-Z. It was well worth every dollar spent. I strongly recommend them if you get a ticket hire them!!”
Choosing Attorney Gannes was the best decision I could have made!
“Choosing Attorney Gannes was the best decision I could have made!”