New York City Battery Attorney
Defending Against Battery Charges in New York
If you have been charged with battery, you need to contact an attorney as soon as possible. A conviction for battery can result in serious consequences, including jail time, fines, probation, and other penalties. If you are convicted, you may also have a criminal record that will likely follow you for the rest of your life. At Gannes & Musico, LLP, we recognize that individuals facing these charges often face a complex and daunting legal landscape. That's why our New York City battery lawyers are ready to fight for your rights and defend your freedom.
Call Gannes & Musico, LLP today at (877) 803-2603 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our battery lawyer in New York City.
What is Battery?
Battery is the intentional and unlawful physical contact with another person that results in harm or injury. While closely related to assault, which involves the threat of harm or fear of injury, battery specifically involves the physical act of causing harm or injury to another individual. The severity of battery charges can vary depending on the extent of the harm and the specific circumstances surrounding the incident.
What are the Penalties for Battery in New York?
The penalties for battery in New York City can be severe, with consequences that may impact various aspects of your life. These consequences include:
- Criminal Record: A battery conviction can result in a permanent criminal record, making it difficult to secure employment, housing, or educational opportunities.
- Imprisonment: Depending on the degree of the particular offense, individuals convicted of battery may face incarceration, ranging from several months to many years.
- Fines: Battery convictions may result in substantial fines, causing financial strain on the convicted individual.
- Restraining Orders: In domestic violence cases, the court may issue restraining orders prohibiting the defendant from contacting the victim.
- Loss of Civil Liberties: Convicted individuals may lose certain civil liberties, including the right to bear arms or vote.
- Immigration Consequences: For non-U.S. citizens, a battery conviction can have severe immigration consequences, potentially leading to deportation.
Defenses Against Battery Charges
Some common defenses against battery charges may include:
- Self-Defense: If you can establish that you were defending yourself from imminent harm, you may have a valid self-defense claim.
- Lack of Intent: Battery requires intentional harm. If you can demonstrate that the physical contact was accidental or lacked intent, it could lead to reduced charges or a dismissal.
- Consent: If the alleged victim willingly consented to the physical contact, you may have a valid defense.
- Alibi: Proving that you were not present at the location where the battery occurred can be a strong defense against the charges.
- Witness Credibility: Challenging the credibility of witnesses and the evidence against you can be an effective strategy.
Contact Our Battery Lawyer in New York City Today
If you or a loved one is facing battery charges, it's crucial to act quickly and seek experienced legal representation. Our New York City battery attorneys understand the complexities of New York's criminal justice system and are dedicated to providing you with a strong and strategic defense tailored to your specific case. We are here to guide you through the legal process, protect your rights, and fight for the best possible outcome in your case. Your future is too important to leave to chance. Trust the experienced team at Gannes & Musico, LLP to advocate for you.
Contact Gannes & Musico, LLP today to get started with our New York City battery attorney.
Very personable in handling your case and an experienced Traffic Attorney!
“She is the greatest.”
Final verdict of not guilty!
“Final verdict of not guilty.”
NOT GUILTY . Saved 5 points of penalty on my license.
“NOT GUILTY . Saved 5 points of penalty on my license.”
Well worth every dollar spent!
“I hired this law firm to help me fight a few tickets. They took care of everything A-Z. It was well worth every dollar spent. I strongly recommend them if you get a ticket hire them!!”
Thank you so much for doing an outstanding job to get the ticket dismissed.
“Thank you so much for doing an outstanding job to get the ticket dismissed.”